This blog contains information for Mrs. Pluta's classes at the Lorain County JVS. It is hoped that Our Classroom Connection will keep students engaged in class discussion outside the school day.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

March Madness

At a staff meeting last week, we spoke about March Madness.  Any sports freak immediately thinks about the NCAA basketball tournament that kicks off this week.  Our administration was talking about the students though!  March tends to be a long month--no days off until Spring Break--and everyone gets a little restless.  It's difficult to remember there is an end in sight, especially with the way our weather has been.  Who isn't feeling a little restless?

So, don't be one of the crazy people adding to the school's March Madness.  Make sure you keep up with your school work and study for all your tests.  My Civics students have the big Last Lecture project to work on and we're also still learning about World War II.  Sociology just finished their Cultural Diversity projects and is going to learn a little about different types of societies.  Computers has learned about Word, Publisher, and Paint.  Next up will be a fun Internet-based program and looking at all that Google has to offer.

I will be watching lots of basketball in the upcoming weeks.  My apologies now if I'm behind in grading papers!  You know me, I always have an excuse. 

Leave me a comment and let me know--who do you have winning it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment