This blog contains information for Mrs. Pluta's classes at the Lorain County JVS. It is hoped that Our Classroom Connection will keep students engaged in class discussion outside the school day.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Welcome Students!

I can't believe it's back-to-school time already!  It seams like just yesterday that I was saying goodbye to my seniors and planning my summer vacation.  Don't worry though--I have been spending lots of time planning new activities for this school year.

I teach four different classes at JVS.  Some of you may be enrolled in Psychology for the first semester. This is a social studies elective and an interesting look at an individual's thoughts and actions.  Sociology is a second semester social studies elective.  This class looks at functions in society and elements that are universal.  I also teach the required American Civics course for seniors.  In this class, we look at our government, modern American history, and personal finance issues.  Finally, I teach Practical Computer Applications, a computer applications elective.  The focus of this class is to help students use technology productively.

Please feel free to visit my class websites (linked above) and this blog to stay updated on what's going on in our classroom.  It wouldn't be a bad idea to sign up to follow my blog and also sign up for updates to the class websites.  I can also be reached by phone and email.  And again--welcome back to another wonderful school year!

~Mrs. Pluta
jpluta@lcjvs.net
(440) 774-1051, ext. 2498

1 comment:

  1. You teach alot of classes and i cant wait till next year if i come back to see you. because you seem like a really cool teacher as long as we get are work done.. your class is a class that a laid back and cool and independent and thats cool my brother said that you are a cool english teacher because you let us do everything on are on

    ReplyDelete