This blog contains information for Mrs. Pluta's classes at the Lorain County JVS. It is hoped that Our Classroom Connection will keep students engaged in class discussion outside the school day.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Women's History Month

March is recognized as Women's History Month.  I cannot tell you how much has changed since my childhood, and gladly I think gender equality is something many of my students take for granted.

One of our science teachers, Mrs. Karbler, shared this book with me.  In Heroes for my Daughter, Brad Meltzer recognizes inspirational women.

For five bonus points, post a comment about a woman that has inspired you.  This can be someone famous or not-so-famous.  Just list the person and give us a quick explanation.  Post before school starts on Monday, March 11th for your extra credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment