This blog contains information for Mrs. Pluta's classes at the Lorain County JVS. It is hoped that Our Classroom Connection will keep students engaged in class discussion outside the school day.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Time for Celebrations

Today is a special day in my house, the Feast of St. Nicholas.  When I was a child, we would always set our shoes out the night of December 5th.  The next morning, on St. Nicholas' feast day, we would find some candy and a small gift in our shoes.  This is a traditional German custom and one that I've continued with my family.

Do you have any special customs that you've grown up with?  Think of one you'd like to continue when you have your own family.  Share it below for five bonus points by Sunday, December 9thRemember to include your name!

2 comments:

  1. We never really did anything traditional except when it comes to putting the tree up. We have to all be in P-Jays, hot choco in hand, and music whilst doing so!
    ~Joe Jacobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock Joe! I think that's a good tradition. Thanks for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete