This blog contains information for Mrs. Pluta's classes at the Lorain County JVS. It is hoped that Our Classroom Connection will keep students engaged in class discussion outside the school day.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Washington, DC

This week, I am travelling to Washington, DC, to attend the annual conference for NCSS (National Council for the Social Studies).  This is a great opportunity for me to participate in various workshops, visit with other Social Studies teachers, and attend lectures by prominent professors and authors.  I have been looking forward to this for a few months and I look forward to sharing lots of new ideas with my students and colleagues when I return.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and I'll have the chance to explore the city a bit while I'm there.

1 comment: